Be safe online! Choose a strong password
The importance of picking a strong, safe password cannot be emphasized enough! If somebody obtains your password, they may use your account to see your private data and business dealings. The simple guidelines below will guard against someone acquiring your password.
- Make your password as long as possible. Use at least 6 characters, two of which should be numeric.
- Use different characters. i.e. Use numbers, punctuation characters and, if possible, upper and lower-case letters.
- Do not use personal information!. Obviously avoid things like your name, phone number, address, property name and number.
- Do not use words, geographical names, or biographical names that are listed in standard dictionaries.
- Never use a password that is the same as your advert/account number.
- Avoid passwords that are simple to spot when you're typing them.