Why should I use Holiday Homes Direct?
Our site offers you a comprehensive list of holiday homes in Ireland and abroad to rent, directly from the owner. Our site is designed to be easy to use and some of its key features include:
- Up to 24 Full colour photographs showcasing the holiday home
- Detailed descriptions of each property, providing you with information about the property, the facilities, the area and the region.
- An availability calender so that you can tell immediately if the property is booked or available.
- Prices – Detailed tariffs for all the seasons
- An enquiry form where you can send any queries directly to the owner
What are the advantages of booking my holiday accommodation this way?
- Better Value for money as you are cutting out the middle man
- It's a personal and flexible way of finding the best property for your holiday!
- More informed service as the homeowners know the area and the property.
- It’s easy to book your own tailor-made holiday to suit your requirements.
What do I do when I want to know more about a property?
If you want any more information about a Property, click on the 'Contact Owner' button which is provided on each page.
What happens then?
The Property Owner will email you back and let you know that the property is available and answer any of your questions about it. From that point on you handle all booking procedures between yourselves. Booking details vary from Owner to Owner, but most will ask for a deposit towards the cost of the holiday, which again is paid between you.
What about getting there?
Property Owners can give you all the travel advice you need - from low cost airfares to driving directions. We think that no one gives better advice than someone who lives there! The property owner will give you all the details about key transfer and arrival times.
What if I do not hear back from an Owner?
If you have given an Owner a reasonable time to reply and tried all the contact details on their advert - some Owners list their phone numbers for example - then you can email us and we will contact them again on your behalf.
How can I be sure of an Advertiser's integrity?
- All adverts state how long the properties have been advertised on our site. The longer an advert has been on our site the more track record and trust that can be placed in their authenticity.
- Never pay for accommodation by anonymous/untraceable methods of payment, such as using a bank transfer company. Be sure that you are paying the advertiser directly or an established agent. If they ask for money to be paid to a third party be wary.
- If in doubt, carry out checks of whether the person you are dealing with is the person they say that they are. Look online for other references to this owner or agent (Google search, other websites, tourist organisations or personal websites). Ask for references or contact the holidayhomesdirect.ie team to see whether we have ever had any feedback on this property.
- Do speak with the advertiser directly on the telephone. This is often the best way to see if you are comfortable with renting from this individual. Email communication alone does not give you a feel for who you are dealing with.
- Always insist on having a booking contract for your reservation. This should set out all the terms and conditions of the holiday letting, including payment terms, legal/insurance obligations and cancellation terms. Be wary if you have not been offered a booking contract.
- We investigate any complaint raised by a holidaymaker to ensure that our advertisers are accurately describing their properties and behaving in a responsible and professional manner to holidaymakers. Should this ever not be the case, we reserve the right to suspend adverts immediately. If you feel unsure, please feel free to ask for references of past visitors from the property advertiser, and ensure you have a full set of contact details for them.